- Offer a Competitive Wage and Benefits Package
- Create a Positive and Encouraging Work Environment
- Encourage Friendly Competition surrounding positive patient reviews
- Promote Continuing Education and Self Development
- Avoid, Absolutely Avoid Micromanagement (Time Waster)
- Avoid overutilization of salaried employees with excessive hours over 50
- Provide consistent and positive feedback related to their performance
- Get their input about changes in process and procedures
Doctors and Practice Managers must recognize, that just as you compete for new patients, you must also be prepared to compete for the best personnel to add to your staff. Even Google, Apple, Facebook, and LinkedIn compete with one another for the best staff. All the more so for, the more competitive areas of Plastic Surgery, Cosmetic Dentistry, Dermatology, Medical Spas, Anti Aging, Concierge Medicine, or any other fee for service business.
It is both the job of the Doctor and the Practice Manager to actively find, recruit, hire, train, and retain the best practice staff for improved patient experience and to help grow practice profitability consistently.